Failed Install: Sarge BusinessCard Nov5 iso

I'm still having problems with installing Sarge using the business card

Asus A7V133 w/ integrated promise ata100 controller
WD 40GB UDMA100 drive connected to the primary master on the ata100
Plextor 12/10/32A IDE CD Connected to the primary master of the onboard IDE.
Intel Pro100 NIC

Language: ENGLISH(USA)
Keyboard: PC Style  , American English
Detect Network Hardware ... ERRORS...
After ide-cd:
Something must have gone wrong.

Using /lib/modules/2.4.22-1-386/kernel/drivers/ide/ide-cd.o
insmod ide-cd 2>/dev/null
modprobe: failed to load module ide-cd

After ide-iso
Unable to load kernel modules
Missing modules are: ide-mod, ide-probe-mod, ide-floppy

When I try to load installer modules, it throws an error which is related to
/usr/lib/debian-installer/retriever/net-retriver being -rw-rw-rw-

After chmodding it to 777, I can start the installer module load
successfully and it will correctly download from my configured mirror.

BUT when I try to install the base components, they all time out from
mirrors I know are not busy.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

-Mark R.