Re: powerpc kernel modules udebs

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:43:58PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Am Sam, den 01.11.2003 schrieb Sven Luther um 18:41:
>
> > Ok. Thanks for the explanation, once i am finished with my preliminary
> > d-i work (powerpc kernels and parted), i will look into this in more
> > detail, and try to help as i can. My first step will probably be the
> > kernel udeb creation thingy though.
> I just committed code for this to the debian-installer cvs. Please have
> a look at the /kernel/linux-kernel-di directory. It would be nice if you
> could upload these new modules ASAP. There are module lists for powerpc
> and powerpc-small. kernel-image packages are currently only built for
> pmac because linux-kernel-di does not support multiple kernel packages
> per subarch/flavour. I don't know if they would even be usefull for
> other ppc-subarches because AFAIK pmac is the only subarch that can load
> a "standalone" initrd.

Mmm, the prep packages didn't contain anything, a bug in the
debian/rules i fixed, but it needs a new build, which will make it too
late for an upload today yet.

Anyway, i have uploaded the built packages to :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.22-2

And it would be nice if people could test them, especially under pmacs.
It is less important on other arches, as they were not previously
supported, and so i can break no install there.

Friendly,

Sven Luther