successful installation report (vmware)

Debian-installer-version: sarge-i386-netinst.iso from 2 Nov
Method: cdrom install on vmware

Machine: vmware
Processor: faster than bochs :-)
Memory: 96 mb in vmware
Root Device: pseudo-scsi, 300 mb
Root Size/partition table:  1 300 mb ext3 partition

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [ ]
Config network:         [ ]
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [O]
Create file systems:    [O]
Mount partitions:       [O]
Install base system:    [O]
Install boot loader:    [O]
Reboot:                 [O]
base-config:		[E]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

For the record, this is my first successful install of d-i.

No particular problems to report. The bogl refresh problem is annoying,
and it didn't ask me if I wanted grub (which I generally do), and just
installed lilo. A few places could use better progress bars.

base-config needs a lot of work still. There was a message from
12console-tools spewed to the console, and it does not inherit settings
from d-i that it could. And there's no progress bar while installing
packages... ;-)

Here's the only significant problem I had: My cdrom was not properly set
up to be used in base-config. I had to go to a different VC and manually
load ide-detect and ide-cdrom modules before it was seen. This is
probably a bug in part of the installer, not sure which part to file it
on.

--
see shy jo