Re: S390 installation : what is DASD stuff?

In article <[🔎] 20031101082010.GU8213@mykerinos> bubulle@debian.org writes:
>While digging into debconf templates for "polishing" them, I found
>that one which looks like a kind a boot loader installer....
>
>Just need to be sure : what is "DASD configuration". The main menu
>entry says "DASD configuration" which I find very little
>informative.. :-)

DASD is mainframe IBMese for Disk.  (Direct access storage device)
Most english speakers won't know what it is either.  It would probably
reduce confusion to replace DASD with disk, since I think even IBM
mainfraimers would understand that.  (Non-disk DASD devices exist, but
are relitivly rare.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html