Re: INSTALL REPORT

Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Config network:         [E]

You didn't explain what went wrong here. Did you actually perform this
step in the installer, or did you not, and just not have a configured
network post install?

> Last time I tried an image, I had the choice of ext3 (and I think ReiserFS). Today I only had ext2.

udeb priority problems, I have uploaded a fix.

> Post d-i, my network was totall unconfigured. /etc/network/interfaces
> had just the top comment lines in it.

Possibly because you did not configure the network during the install?

> The installer was very persistent about asking about autopartitioning,
> to the point where it really started to piss me off. I would have
> thought it best to ask whether to autopartition or manually partition
> at the start, and then never ask again, whereas I was asked about
> autopartitioning shortly after completing a manual partition, which I
> thought was a bit screwy.

Yes that's a known bug, and I think it's fixed now.

> I'm pretty sure last time I tried, I also had the choice of grub or lilo.
> Today, it was lilo or nothing.

Anyone know why it's not offering grub anymore?

> Also, when it came to filesystems, what I wanted, was a root partition
> (with an ext3 filesystem on it) a swap partition and everything else
> as logical volumes. I note that the installer seems vaguely aware of
> LVM, but doesn't seem to prompt to create any logical volumes. It
> thinks an LVM partition has a filesystem on it and then talks about
> mounting it and whatnot.

Someone should perhaps turn this into a wishlist bug report against the
relevant package. I can never guess what the right relevant package is
for partitioning though.

> Finally, for a netinst CD, I was somewhat surprised to find it had
> base packages on it. I was expecting to have to download that with
> APT...

You may be looking for the business card image instead, it lacks base
packages.

--
see shy jo