GRUB floppy scripts

A few days ago I realized that you could not make a boot disk with a debian
kernel because of the large initrd.  Well I have a solution to that if you use
grub.  Basically it makes grub floppy with a menu that will be installed on to a
disk.  Using update-grub or something to generate the main menu.lst that is all
that is necessary, note that the location of stage1 and stage2 are often in
/boot/grub.  That is what I used in the script, however if they decide to boot
only from this disk, the stages will have to be copied from
/usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/stage2 and /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/stage1.  I will soon
incorporate those changes into my script.  However this provides a much more
general solution to the issue.  It obviously does not carry the kernel, but it
will read it from hard drive instead.  It doesn't really help if you have hard
drive failure.  That is also a known concept of grub.

Dan Weber