Re: powerpc d-i build

Sven Luther:
> Well, please enable build of powerpc images on something else than just
> pmac then. It doesn't make sense to keep using a maybe older build
> system but which is only able to build for a limited set of
> architectures/subarchitectures, while development has gone into adding
> support in the new branch. If we reasoned like this, we would still be
> using boot-floppies today.

That is a false analogy.

Thorsten Sauter wrote:
> I agree with this. It's very frustating, if you plan to work on/with
> d-i, and everytime you must first "fix"/trackdown the build process.
>
> Please let use keep the build process in the current state and try to
> fix or extend the current scripts.

That's mostly what Goswin has done in his branch, and it's really much
better structured in many ways, but it's not 100% there yet. For
example, the files in dest/ are due to be renamed yet again.

He's done some work toward making it fully back-compatable; eg you can
say make TYPE=floppy and it will do what you'd expect. But moving to it
will be an in

--
see shy jo