Re: Install report, laptop with USB CD-ROM

* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2003-09-09 13:17]:
> > Let's see what happens if the module is included. I hope discover
> > will do the job....
>
> I suspect I need to change hw-detect to also scan the USB bus.  Not
> sure if it is done at the moment.

FWIW, I'm in contact with someone who used debian-installer from a few
days ago on the same laptop as mine, and he says that usb-storage was
not automatically loaded.  When he loaded th module by the, USB CD-ROM
was recognized.

Should I file a bug on hw-detect?  What details do you need?
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com