Re: cdebconf: return codes overloaded

amck@utvinternet.com wrote:
> In cdebconf, the error codes used are overloaded
> (and present in commands.h).
>
> #define CMDSTATUS_SUCCESS           0
> #define CMDSTATUS_BADQUESTION       10
> #define CMDSTATUS_BADPARAM          10
> #define CMDSTATUS_SYNTAXERROR       20
> #define CMDSTATUS_INPUTINVISIBLE    30
> #define CMDSTATUS_BADVERSION        30
> #define CMDSTATUS_GOBACK            30
> #define CMDSTATUS_INTERNALERROR     100
>
> Why not have a separate value for each?
> What would break if we changed these to different values, for
> better tracking?

All of the 30's are specified in the debconf specification, they cannot be
changed without chaging the specification and some kind of horrendous
transition. And different commands return these anyway so there should
be no ambiguity.

You're free to change the 10's to anthing in the 10-19 range.

--
see shy jo