Re: Templates and all user intraction strings consistency

Quoting Simon Hürlimann (simon.huerlimann@access.unizh.ch):

> I like the "What is your X?" version for String templates more. "Please give
> your X:" could make sense too.

See my argument against increasing the templates length in another mail.

> Questions (String) need question marks, Select and Multi-Select labels
> introduce tables and should therefore have colons, and notes have titles
> which should have no period. period:-)

If you ask "What is you IP address?", yes. But if you ask "IP Address"
like a DBMS prompt in a form, this should rather be colon-ended.

IMHO, of course.

> I would propose that an error/failure should show an info template like:
>  Something went wrong while downloading ${MODULE}. This means, that this
>  package can't be installed and used.

I second this...except the exclamation mark. The error template is
already flashing enough for avoiding yelling.. :-). This is a kind a
non-neutral form which also looks kinda "unprofessionnal" for me.