Re: busybox vs busybox-cvs?

On Thu Oct 16, 2003 at 07:01:48PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Can someone explain to me what features are in the new busybox that
> prevents us from using regular old busybox? TIA.

The newer version has lots of shiney new features of course.  And
the new linux-kernel sytle config system makes it enormously
simpler to keep the config files current.  The 'ash' shell is now
a dash variant, and should therefore be much better behaved
(though I'm not certain if the busybox ash shell is even being
used).  The newer busybox sed applet has progressed quite
dramaticly, and unlike the old busybox sed applet, should be
entirely usable by the installer.  Almost all of the coreutils
applets are now SuSv3 compliant, unlike the older versions.

But all that being said -- the older 0.60.5 version is rather
solid and well tested.  I would expect that either version could
be used sucessfully by the installer.

 -Erik