Re: base-installer resizes the progressbar a lot

Matt Kraai <kraai@alumni.cmu.edu> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 04:08:20AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > when base-installer downloads nad validates debs it switches between
> > one and two lines text depending on the length of the package name.
> >
> > Validating /target/var/cache/apt/archive/coreutils_5.0.91-2_i386.deb
> >
> > Thats about the longest that still fits. Could we get rid of
> >       this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ part, i.e. the path?
> >
> > Or make it allways multiline.
>
> Please see bug 209273.
>
> --
> Matt

Actually this is the reverse problem. It does linewrap perfectly into
1, 2 or even 3 lines.

I just don't like the flickering of the box changing size all the
time. In bochs you can watch it diapear and reapear. I usually do
something else while it installs and it looks like its done but then
its only changing size.

MfG
        Goswin