hw-detect and pcmcia?

I noticed that hw-detect has some code in it to start cardmgr if pcmcia
is found. That looks like a good idea, but the way I had been handling
pcmcia is to make it a menu item the user can turn on.

It also seems to expect a /etc/pcmcia/config.gz, and I did not compress
that file in the pcmcia-cs-udeb (instead, I reduced it).

Also, the code only has effect if there is a /lib/modules/*/pcmcia.
That's the pcmcia-cs modules, and we are using the in-kernel pcmcia
modules instead.

It makes sense to me to have hw-detect load pcmcia along with the rest
of the hardware, and this may also avoid the problem in bug #213900 with
pcmcia providing ethernet-card-detection. But we need to get it into a
working state first.

(I won't be able to test pcmcia installs until I find some more HW or
get USB booting working.)

--
see shy jo