baseconfig/debootstrap and preseeding debconf for exim4-config

Hello,
I have got this bug-report against exim4 #214099 which I do not know
how to handle:
"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com>:
| When doing a sarge install, I seed the debconf database at base-config
| time, to set debconf/priority=critical and
| exim4/dc_eximconfig_configtype=local (among others). Here is the
| data I use for exim (which is copied in using debconf-copydb):
|
| Name: exim4/dc_eximconfig_configtype
| Template: exim4/dc_eximconfig_configtype
| Value: local
| Owners: exim4-config
| Flags: seen
|
| Most packages accept this just fine, but for some reason, exim4 still
| insists on asking me this question (and for some reason, after almost
| all the other packages have been installed).

The bug-submitter has been _extraordinary_ helpful and has traced it
down further to:

| I found out what the problem is. base-config contains a "77exim" fragment
| that is run towards the end, containing

Please see http:/bugs.debian.org/214099 for details.

I think there is nothing I as exim4 maintainer can do, but I thought I
should ask before I reassign the bug.
        Thanks, cu andreas