Re: Integrating the debian-installer into the archive

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 07:55:01PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Our (di-team) current approach is to hide^Wput the images[1] in
> a dot deb package and worry some later time how to make the
> binaries[1] available.

It's probably a bad idea to make it a .deb.

I'd strongly recommend you not try to get the buildds doing this until you
can demo the scripts in a reliable way. Presumably you want to directly
access the archive to pull down various udebs, eg, which isn't something
you can necessarily do on buildds in a straightforward manner.

Have you got the scripts working for all arches yet, or just i386? Are
you sure that the scripts are going to work automatically, without root
privleges, on other architectures?

> We are looking for a way to generate the binaries on all archs as
> none-debs and an integration method with the debian archive.

I'm not entirely clear on what you're saying, btw - the language
barrier and all. Please include examples of what you're talking about,
and consider attaching or linking to the scripts you're talking about.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda