Re: d-i and the archive

Am Di, den 30.09.2003 schrieb Joey Hess um 18:24:

> What's the advantage of a -src package instead of a source package?

Hm, good question... What will the buildds do with non .deb packages? I
had in mind to to something similar like the debian-cd package...
Perhaps you can elaborate a bit on this topic?

> Aside from that and from agreeing with Gaudenz that this may be a more
> medium-term solution, I agree that your idea is reasonable.

Yep, but since it'll take time to set everything uo we better start now
than tomorrow ;-) Until the process is kicked off, we should of course
have an alternative, like regular beta releases for example.

>  However, this doesn't address autobuilding or getting boot images into
>  the archive.

Indeed. But it is a prerequisite to autobuilding images. I believe we
need a separate autobuilding process, which rebuilds images whenever a
udeb of the initial boot-image gets updated.

> I think there are plans affoot to make mirror selection happen based on
> /etc/apt/sources.list, so it is more automatic.

A good idea.

Sebastian
--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6