Re: simpler installer ?

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 10:09:11AM -0700, belahcene abdelkader wrote:
> hi everybody,
> I use redhat and want to switch to debian,
> but my first problem is the installation procedure. I
> don't speek about GUi.
> I tried to install the sarge, I download it ( 3 CD),
> there is a problem in keyboard and other things. OK I
> tried another way, I download sarge-installer.iso I
> tried it, it seems better the previous
> sarge-i386-netinst ( I want to install from sagre-CD
> ), but there also a problem for writing lilo on the
> mbr.
>  Someone has an idea how to help me.
>
> Is not a possibility to make  the installer less
> dificult.
> The redhat installer is very simple ( not necessary
> with GUI ), why not to have something similar
Why don't you try *stable* edition of Debian?
Sarge isn't stable right now, and it's almost natural that there will be
problems. You can try to install it with this HOWTO:
http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
You can also install Debian Woody and then simply upgrade it to
Sarge if you want.

regards
fEnIo
--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska