simpler installer ?

hi everybody,
I use redhat and want to switch to debian,
but my first problem is the installation procedure. I
don't speek about GUi.
I tried to install the sarge, I download it ( 3 CD),
there is a problem in keyboard and other things. OK I
tried another way, I download sarge-installer.iso I
tried it, it seems better the previous
sarge-i386-netinst ( I want to install from sagre-CD
), but there also a problem for writing lilo on the
mbr.
 Someone has an idea how to help me.

Is not a possibility to make  the installer less
dificult.
The redhat installer is very simple ( not necessary
with GUI ), why not to have something similar

thank you very much
bela

=====