Re: mklibs and brltty

[Mario Lang]
> Now, the question is what would be the proper fix for this problem.

Could weak symbols solve the problem?  I'm not very familiar with
shared library internals, but I believe a weak symbol will be selected
from the library if no other matching symbol is available.  If the
library provides such symbol, it would make mklibs happy, while the
shared library linker would still select the symbol from the
executable.  Is this correct?  I am mostly guessing based on the
rumors I've heard about weak symbols.