reiser support in debian-installer

I talked to Hans Reiser at LinuxTag and he was very interested in
seeing proper reiserfs support integrated in debian-installer.  I
briefly talked to Alastair McKinstry at debconf about this but he
wasn't aware of much work that has been done on this yet.  He said the
first step would be to generate some udebs.  I'm CCing some people who
have been working on reiserfs support in Debian, perhaps you are
interested in looking into this?

BTW, Hans has offered technical assistance if we need any.  In
addition to reiserfs support when installing he'd also like to see
reiserfs support in a rescue CD so you can repair a corrupted FS.

--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org