Re: Why should prebaseconfig depend on created-fstab?

Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

* Petter Reinholdtsen
| Why would prebaseconfig need to depend on created-fstab?  I believe it
| should be sufficient to depend on bootable-system, and let the boot
| loaders depend on created-fstab.  Do not all the providers of
| bootable-system need /target/etc/fstab to do their magic?

some chrp systems have openfirmware which understand file systems, so
they don't need a boot loader at all, they just need a kernel
installed.

And prep and a few others don't use a filesystem on the boot partition, so same applies here. There's no reference to the boot partition in fstab. But still, /etc/fstab never hurt anyone, so I fail to see how bootable-system depending on created-fstab is bad?

Of course, Tollef usually proves me wrong 10 times out of 9. ;-)

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/