Re: Testing on Bochs?

[Joel Konkle-Parker]
> Is Bochs a useful environment to test debian-installer with? Would
> the results of any testing with it be useful in the real world? Or
> they most likely be caused by the fact that it's being run on an
> emulator instead of a real machine?

I used to test with bochs before I got my VMWare lisence.  Most of the
tests done in simulation is relevant for real world.  Only the HW
detection code, disk partition and boot loader configuration code
should be tested on real HW as well.  The rest should be HW
independent and could be tested just as good in a simulator.

The only problem with bochs is it's speed and the lack of PCI HW.  At
least for the version in Woody.