FW: Debian and beige G3 boot error!

Title: FW: Debian and beige G3 boot error!

Attempting to install Debian on an old beige Mac G3, I encountered upon reboot the looping error message of:

can’t open /pci/mac-io/ide@20000/ata-disk@0:0

As a result I cannot break out of the routine with any method that I currently know. I cannot boot from a floppy

or the old MacOS cd. Is there a solution to this problem.

How do I correct this annoyingly difficult anomaly?

Thanks in advance.

R.David Alley

SMU-Norwick Center for Media & Instructional Technology

Dallas, TX 75275-0115