Re: libdebconf1 and libdebian-installer3

tor 2003-05-22 klockan 00.39 skrev Guillaume Morin:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build d-i from scratch.
>
> make build complained about libdebian-installer3 and libdebconf1
> missing. Adding a deb line fixed the former in source.lists and it looks
> like libdeconf1 has been replaced with libdebconfclient0.
>
> Some questions then
>
> 1) Are we supposed to add the deb sid line in our sources.list.local ?
> The sample file seems to advise not to do it, just as the latest commit
> (http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/build/sources.list.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9&diff_format=h)
> to the CVS. So should the sample file be fixed or should
> libdebian-installer3 be added to the d-i Packages file ?

No. libdebian-installer3, libdebconfclient0 and libdebconf1 should all
be installed on the host system. The library reduction code will pull
them in. They are normal Debian packages that are apt-get:able on a sid
system. You'll need a sid system to build d-i.

> 2) Should I open a bug against the software which still depends on
> libdebconf1 ? NMUs needeed ?

Please file bugs. I think only packages in the d-i cvs link to
libdebconf, so no NMUs should be needed.

> PS: please keep me CC'ed
Done

/Martin
--