Re: Install report (2003-04-30)

[Joe Nahmias]
> Why throw away that information and start from scratch trying to
> detect the hardware, when we know what works?

Well, I would turn the question around, and ask why should we hardcode
which modules to load when we can load the needed modules dynamically.
This way the installation will keep working even if some HW is
replaced.

> would be better since this would even capture modules that the user
> has manually loaded.

Manually loaded packages should be listed in /etc/modules, no doubt
about that.  But they are very few (and I think the modules loaded
manually by ethdetect is listed there).