Re: debian question

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:07:12AM -0700, amine bendella wrote:

> I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it.
> I downloaded Linux Debian 3.0 with the help from jigdo and when I
> want to install it,burned it on a CD-ROM so that the computer can
> boot it,but it doesn't work.I burned just the .iso file .did I forget
> something to do?

No, if you got the ISO built at all, then you've probably gotten the
hardest part right. The image is really a raw image; IIRC you shouldn't
need to do anything special while burning in order to make the CD
bootable.

However, do you know if your machine's capable of booting from CD at
all? You say it doesn't work, and I'm sure that's true, but what exactly
do you see happening? If it boots from harddisk, you may need to change
the 'boot order' in your BIOS setup. This is assuming you have a
relatively modern x86 machine -- you didn't give too much information
though...

> I have another question , can I find an Installing instructions in
> "german"

It seems the installation manual hasn't been translated to German yet.
If you look at http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
you'll find a table showing the available language/architecture
combinations.

Cheers,

Emile.

--