Re: HOW TO INSTALL DEBIAN ON A BLANK (JUST ASSEMBLED) MACHINE

Am 08:12 2003-04-17 +0100 hat Khedkar, Sumit geschrieben:
>Here's what we have:
>1) All hardware that can be needed; and all assembled together properly
>(which is yet to be tested because no OS yet)

OK

>2) Debian CD's created from iso images downloaded from net using jigdo.

OK

>3) spare cd's and floppies for use.

OK

>For now, lets say its an i386 thing, and I dont have a copy or license of
>ANY other OS available to start with.

If you have downloaded the Images, you have an OS running,
so burn the Images onto the CD's...

If done,

put the first CD into the CD-Drive and boot your Machine...

Please note, that they must be configured to boot from CD.

Have Fun
Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.