Network install from floppy - stuck :(

Hi,

hope you can help. I'm trying to install a Debian from floppy disk + network.

When I get to the boot: prompt after booting from a rescue disk, entering 'network' doesn't do what I'd expected ('Could not find kernel image: network').

If I step through the floppy install process instead, when I come to choose a network drive module, I get 'Device busy' errors (so I would guess the required network driver is already active). The install process prompts me to choose CD/hard disk/floppy installation (but not ftp/http/network).

Any ideas?

many thanks
Pete.