Re: Problems during Install

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:12:03AM +0100, Jonas Eymann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded an ISO-Image from http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/boot-floppies/ (the bootbf2.4.iso) and tried to install Debian Linux. Unfortunately I didn't get very far.
> Whenever I started the installation, I saw the Linux-System starting up and shortly after mounting the harddisk, the screen went black and my monitor switched to standby. I also tried several options like video=vga16:off etc.
>
> The specs of my system:
>
> Duro 800 on an ECS K7S5A
> 256 MB SD-RAM
> Kyro II Graphics Card (I think this might cause the problem)
>
> Maybe you know about a workaround or something else. I'm a complete Linux-Newbe (though not a Windows newbe).

There is a fresher 2.4 kernel available at people.debian.org/~blade
(bf/ or boot-floppies/) .

Do you remember where you found the ~dwhedon reference, so we can
update it?

> P.S.
> I had the same Problem with the Knoppix Live-CD. There I could get it to work with the option "noscsi".

I take it this option didn't help when you tried it with the Debian kernel?

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman
- Linux Rox -