Re: Working UTF-8 support with newt frontend?

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:32:32AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I believe the newt frontend should be handling UTF-8 characters fairly
> well now.  The new rootskel package will turn on UTF-8 support in the
> linux console.  This is supposed to work on 2.4 kernels.  My test
> displays æøå, but I am not sure if it will display characters outside
> ISO-8859-1.  Can anyone test this?  I'm not sure which langauge uses
> non-latin1 charactesr, so I do not know which langauge to choose to
> test this.  We also need to test if it work for asian characters.
[snip]

BTW, could you shed some light on how one could test frontends others
than the text one ? I'm currently doing my testing only using the text
one but I would be happy to test the newt or slang ones and check out
translations now that UTF-8 seems to be working.

--
||  André Luís Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||