Re: d-i web pages

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 01:06:16PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Martin Sjögren]
> > You should probably add a link to Tollef's "getting started" page:
> > http://raw.no/d-i/getting_started.html
>
> Would it be a good idea to have a set of web pages available somewhere
> on the web, and maintained using CVS?  I get the impression that the
> d-i information is spread across web pages all over the place, and
> that it is hard for new users to find all the relevant information.

The webpages _are_ scatterd all over.

> I suggest we collect all web pages in d-i/docs/html/, and check this
> out automatically somewhere.  This will let everyone update the web
> pages, and make sure all available information is in one location.

debian-installer/doc/html is a place to gather the webpages.
on the long term they should move to their own CVS module
which has better support to get in a place like
 http://www.CC.debian.org/devel/d-i/

mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc
# mkdir html
mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc
# cvs add html
cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository
mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc
# cd !$
cd html
mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc/html
# vi Readme
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
:wq
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc/html
# cat Readme

  Some day this file will say:

There is more information on
  http://www.CC.debian.org/devel/d-i/

where CC is Country Code, as NO, DE & NL

Until then you will have do

  wget --input-file=di-webpages.txt

mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc/html
# cat di-webpages.txt
# webpages which should move to their own cvs module
# yes, this is a temporary solution, but every human is temporary ;-)

http://raw.no/d-i/getting_started.html
http://people.debian.org/~sjogren/d-i/_README
http://people.debian.org/~sjogren/d-i/screenshots/2003-02-24/newt/00-all.html
http://people.debian.org/~mbc/di.html
http://people.debian.org/~mckinstry/ports-status.html
http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/d-i/

# you are welcom to add more
# but better is to work on the CVS version
# and drop this workaround
mir-CHROOT:/usr/src/debian-installer/doc/html
#

The people of debian-www are reading this E-mail also
and are asked to reply to debian-boot

Geert Stappers