Re: languagechooser: country codes should be uppercase

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:45:37PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Denis Barbier]
> > In his patch Tollef implemented another solution: there is a new field,
> > say ReturnValues for instance, which contains the returned value in the
> > same order as in Choices:
> >   Choices: Canada, Spain
> >   ReturnValues: ca, es
>
> Is this part of the current cdebconf?

No.

> > I much prefer your solution by a special formatting in the Choices
> > field to set return values.
>
> Which solution?
>
> > Anyway the first step is to file a wishlist bugreport against
> > debconf.
>
> To get support for 'ReturnValues'?

In order to get support for handling return codes different than
displayed items; Joey Hess will decide how to implement it.

> > Please note that I intentionally display country codes because this
> > is the only way to have a sorted list whatever language is used.
>
> But sorted on code, not name. :(

Given that there is currently no way (at least I could not find one)
to have a sorted list in all languages, what is the best solution?
Having a list sorted according to English names, or display country
codes and sort list accordingly?  I much prefer the latter.

Denis