Re: hung at "RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0".... need more RAM?

Op ma 10-02-2003, om 07:38 schreef Eduard Bloch:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Adam Robson [Sun, Feb 09 2003, 11:33:28PM]:
>
> > I think I only have 8MB of RAM is that maybe the problem?  If so, is
>
> Yes.
>
> > there a way to work around that?
>
> Get Slink disks from archive.debian.org and install with them.

Or boot from tomsrtbt (http://www.toms.net), create a partition with a
reasonable size (I usually use 10MB, but you might get around with
less), put the rootdisk in the diskdrive, and do

gunzip -c /dev/fd0 > /dev/hda4

or so. Next, boot with the rescue disk, and use

rescue root=/dev/hda4

Of course, you'll want to replace '/dev/hda4' with where your partition
really is. Once the installation is done, you may be able to reuse that
partition as swapspace (better make sure /dev/hda3 is swapspace, too, so
that you don't end up with too many swap partitions)

If this sounds like too complicated, there's a HOWTO written on this
subject. I installed my AST PowerExec 4/25sl ColorPlus exactly that way
(although I only learned about the HOWTO later on).

--
wouter at grep dot be
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a