Re: lilo or grub as the default boot loader on i386?

[Matt Kraai]
> I don't care which we default to eventually.  In the short term,
> though, we should not default to grub-installer until bug #177725 is
> fixed.

Well, sure.  We need to fix both the lilo and grub problems.  Both
list of bugs are related to the debian packages, and not with the
upstream source.

I like grub because it give you more flexibility for fixing boot
problems.  Instead of having to locate alternative boot media when
something fail, I can edit the boot parameters from within grub.  This
option is missing with lilo.  And I also like the fact that grub
understand the file system, and will continue working if I move /
replace the kernel without "updating" the boot sector (unlike lilo
which will break).  We use grub in Skolelinux, and work around #177725
by making sure / is the first partition on the first disk. :)