lilo or grub as the default boot loader on i386?

At the moment we have two boot loaders for i386 available.  Both
lilo-installer and grub-installer are available.  One of them need to
be the default choice.  The default choice will probably be used by
most first time installers, and will also work as a recommondation
from the Debian installation team to our users.

The previous versions of Debian used lilo, bug I am not sure why.  At
this time, grub is working quite well, and it includes a few features
making it my boot loader of choice.  But grub will fail with some
BIOSes and disk controllers.  I guess lilo will fail with others.

Which boot loader should we make the default for i386?  I suggest
making grub the default.  The lilo boot loader should be included as
an option, until grub work on all the machines where lilo will work.