Re: Running base-config from within first stage installer

[Bastian Blank]
> why that? why can't base-config use the cdebconf frontend?  you need
> to merge the templates before using it, but any other behaviour may
> break installation on dumb terminals or graphical frontends.

I tried to use the running cdebconf frontend, but it segfaulted.  I
suspect some part of base-config or termwrap prints to stdout, and
confuses cdebconf.  To use cdebconf, one would need to make sure
nothing executed or installed using base-config prints to stdout or
reads from stdin, and to copy all templates from the debconf db
(templates and current answers) in /target/ into the cdebconf db in /
before running base-config in chroot, and copy the db back after
base-config is done.

I've made a small udeb to run base-config from d-i, and will test it
some more before I check it into Debian CVS.  It would then be
optional if base-config should run before or after reboot from HD.

> hmm, isn't skolelinux a seperate project, based on debian?

Yes.  The list is from when I install from CD, using the Skolelinux
CD.  You can ignore the skolelinux part, as it is in one of our udebs.

> looks okay, but reboot won't work on s390

What is done on s390?