Re: Running base-config from within first stage installer

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 10:58:40AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>   unset DEBIAN_HAS_FRONTEND # Set by debconf
>   unset DEBCONF_REDIR       # Set by debconf
>   unset DEBIAN_FRONTEND     # Just to be sure
>   unset DEBCONF_FRONTEND    # Probably not used any more [pere 2003-01-18]

why that? why can't base-config use the cdebconf frontend?
you need to merge the templates before using it, but any other behaviour
may break installation on dumb terminals or graphical frontends.

>   console=/dev/console
>   chroot /target /usr/sbin/termwrap /usr/sbin/base-config < $console > $console
>
> Should this be the default behaviour in d-i, or only an option?
>
> The current prebaseconfig.d scripts when I install from CD is:
>
>   15cdrom-detect
>   50config-target-network
>   60reportbug-template
>   65languagechooser
>   80save-install-log
>   85skolelinux-config

hmm, isn't skolelinux a seperate project, based on debian?

>   90prepare-base-config
>   95umount
>   99reboot
>
> Is the ordering OK?  Should there be more parts?

looks okay, but reboot won't work on s390

bastian

--
... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get
to know each other.