Re: gtk frontend status report

> We still need to have an eye on the space that is occupied on the
> ramdisk. The udebs do not contain any unneeded modules or
> documentation and in some cases they use other compile options then
> their deb counterparts.

They should not be "deb/udeb counterparts" that are
binary-incompatible.

Read

 http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

for what happened to boot-floppies when people had different
newt/slang versions that were binary-incompatible.

> If we used the .deb we needed to pull in sdl and xlibs as well, what
> is certainly not what we want.

This should be done with a new directfb package,
with a completely different soname, and
pkglibdir (or whereever directfb stores its plugins)

regards,
	junichi