Re: [d-i] Testing po-debconf

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:39:38PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:10:12PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> [...]
> > In the last weeks I work on the ddts and I add debconf templates to the
> > server. Maybe I am to late, but the ddtp is also ok to translate all
> > debian debconf templates...
> >
> > The server part debconf is still in beta test and only some beta
> > translators are translate some templates now.
> >
> > But you can test it yourself:
> >  - see the png's on http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/stats/
> >  - send a mail with 'GET 1 de' as subject to debconf@ddtp.debian.org for
> >    a untranlated template
> >  - or 'REVIEW 1 de' as subject to debconf@ddtp.debian.org for a review
> >    of a translated template.
> >
> > It will work like the translation of the package descriptions.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Please remove from your database the packages using po-debconf, or
> translators could work on files already translated.

one question: is po-debconf a tool for the translator (like
debconf-getlang) or a debconf, that use po files (and no templates
files)?

 - if first:
   I don't need to remove this packages. The server get the templates
   from the binary packages and if the templates are already translated,
   it save this in its database. I hate double work and the ddts avoid
   this double work...

 - if seconds:
   you are right.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
`Man sollte dem Verantwortlichen für ILOVEYOU alles mögliche antun,