Re: woody install for hppa

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 11:01:30PM -0400, Neal Robinette wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install woody on a 735/99 with 320 megs of RAM and
> a 2.4 GB HP FW SCSI hard drive. I have downloaded copies of the
> install disks. Installationgoes just fine, but the install program
> can't detect my harddrive. I had thought that the problem with the FW
> SCSI on the 735 had been resolved; is there a certain setting I need

Sorry, FW disks on 735 still don't work under linux.

> to change, etc., to get the install program to "see" my harddrive? I
> am using an external NEC scsi cd-rom drive to install from, and have
> no floppy or other removable media for this machine. Is this still an
> active problem, or is there a fix not included with the woody distro?

It's one of those problems that gets worked on every now and then when
someone has time/interest/hardware.  Don't know when it is likely to be
resolved.

Some people are using 735 by adding a narrow SE drive to the interface
with the CDROM.

Richard