Re: Woody directly to ATA/100 drives?

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 02:31:48PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Jamie Wood wrote on Sun Aug 04, 2002 um 11:27:48AM:
>
> > Basically will the debian installation for woody pick up this drive (hde)
> > automatically and allow me to install to it without any cable switching
> > etc.?
>
> Why do not you just RTFM and use the bf2.4 disks?

I grepped for Promise in the boot-floppies source, it only shows up in
README-User, README-ide, and README-idepci. The bf2.4 README only mentions
'modern IDE controllers'.

Maybe that statement could be expanded. Also, I think I should add
something like

'For discussion of differences in hardware capabilities for different
flavors, see the individual README files within the i386 ftp archive
folders for those flavors.'

in the Choosing the Right Installation Set paragraph.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |