Woody directly to ATA/100 drives?

Hi,

A short question, which I thought would be in the release notes. I have a
ATA/100 drive running through a promise controller. Previous releases of
debian did not support this directly but it could be used after hacking
and application of a patch. With a dual boot system this was beyond me.
Basically will the debian installation for woody pick up this drive (hde)
automatically and allow me to install to it without any cable switching
etc.?

Cheers,

Jamie

Dr. A.J.Wood