Re: [d-i] Problems encountered while trying to build modules

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 08:30:22AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Andre Luis Lopes
>
> |  cc -Wall  -Os -fomit-frame-pointer partkit.c  -o partkit
> |  -I../cdebconf/src/ -L../cdebconf/src -ldebconf -lparted
> |  partkit.c: In function `partkit_get_table':
> |  partkit.c:94: warning: implicit declaration of function `ped_disk_open'
> |  partkit.c:94: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> |  cast
>
> looks like missing build-deps on either libparted-dev or
> libparted1.6-dev.  Can you install either (and if you have that
> already, install the other) and try again?

Something is wrong here :

andrelop@foobar:~/debian-installer/tools$ dpkg -s libparted1.6-dev |
grep Status
andrelop@foobar:~/debian-installer/tools$

andrelop@foobar:~/debian-installer/tools$ su -c "apt-get install
libparted-dev"
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Note, selecting libparted1.6-dev instead of libparted-dev
Sorry, libparted1.6-dev is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
andrelop@foobar:~/debian-installer/tools$

Should I purge libparted1.6-dev and install libparted-dev instead ?
Which one is suposed to be latest and recommend version and should be
used preferably ?

--
||  Andre Luis Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||