[d-i] Problems encountered while trying to build modules

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build d-i modules and test installations on i386
so I could report problems.

I followed Tollef's advice on how to build d-i[1] and, with some help
from people on #debian-boot, started build d-i modules. I didn't
finished it yet, but I found some problems and would like to report them
here :

1) grub-installer module :

There's no debian/changelog file so dpkg-buildpackage won't work and the
.udeb won't be generated. I checked lilo-installer/ directory and there's a
debian/changelog into there and it was built correctly.

2) partkit module :

partkit failed to build and generated errors while being compiled as
follow :

andrelop@foobar:~/debian-installer/tools/partkit$ !dpk
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is partkit
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.02
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Tollef Fog Heen
<tfheen@debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
 dh_testdir
 dh_testroot
 rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
 rm -f debian/partkit.postinst
 # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
 /usr/bin/make clean
 make[1]: Entering directory
 `/home/andrelop/debian-installer/tools/partkit'
 rm -f partkit
 make[1]: Leaving directory
 `/home/andrelop/debian-installer/tools/partkit'
 dh_clean
  dpkg-source -b partkit
	dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field
	Xbc-installer-menu-item in input data in package's section of control
	info file
	dpkg-source: warning: source directory `./partkit' is not
	<sourcepackage>-<upstreamversion> `partkit-0.02'
	dpkg-source: building partkit in partkit_0.02.tar.gz
	dpkg-source: building partkit in partkit_0.02.dsc
 debian/rules build
 dh_testdir
 # Add here commands to configure the package.
 touch configure-stamp
 dh_testdir
 # Add here commands to compile the package.
 /usr/bin/make
 make[1]: Entering directory
 `/home/andrelop/debian-installer/tools/partkit'
 cc -Wall  -Os -fomit-frame-pointer partkit.c  -o partkit
 -I../cdebconf/src/ -L../cdebconf/src -ldebconf -lparted
 partkit.c: In function `partkit_get_table':
 partkit.c:94: warning: implicit declaration of function `ped_disk_open'
 partkit.c:94: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
 cast
 partkit.c:132: `PED_PARTITION_PRIMARY' undeclared (first use in this
 function)
 partkit.c:132: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
 partkit.c:132: for each function it appears in.)
 partkit.c:173: warning: implicit declaration of function
 `ped_disk_close'
 partkit.c: In function `partkit_get_partitions':
 partkit.c:202: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
 cast
 partkit.c:212: `PED_PARTITION_PRIMARY' undeclared (first use in this
 function)
 partkit.c: In function `partkit_create':
 partkit.c:245: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
 cast
 partkit.c:248: warning: passing arg 1 of `ped_constraint_any' from
 incompatible pointer type
 partkit.c:264: `PED_PARTITION_PRIMARY' undeclared (first use in this
 function)
 partkit.c:329: warning: implicit declaration of function
 `ped_disk_write'
 partkit.c:239: warning: `part_type' might be used uninitialized in this
 function
 partkit.c: In function `partkit_delete':
 partkit.c:352: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
 cast
 make[1]: ** [partkit] Erro 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory
 `/home/andrelop/debian-installer/tools/partkit'
 make: ** [build-stamp] Erro 2
 andrelop@foobar:~/debian-installer/tools/partkit$

Well, that's all for now. I'll be testing things and will keep reporting
any problems encountered.

Keep up the good work guys :-)

--
||  Andre Luis Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||