Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 05:17:42PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 07:57:22AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > we don't need real developing in b-f. B-f should only a fall back for
> > sarge, if d-i is not ready.
>
> I suppose it was a while ago now, but it's still a bit sad that people
> are forgetting this is _exactly_ what we were saying for woody.

I know this.

> b-f's as a fallback doesn't work, it's too thorougly unmaintainable. Or
> installation system needs _major_ work, easy solutions like "just fall
> back to boot-floppies" *don't* work.

If we don't add new architecture and new features, it should work.

If someone like new features (LVM etc.), if someone like a new
architecture (Hurd, BSD, ...), if someone like some other improvments,
they all should work on d-i. I hope we get d-i stable and I hope we can
use it with sarge.

But we/you should not wait for d-i a long time and delay the sarge release.

Stop _developing_ on b-f. But find some debian maintainer (like Edward)
who _maintain_ b-f for some time.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Wer in Reih und Glied marschiert, hat bereits meine Verachtung verdient"