Re: Running translated install system from harddisk?

Philip Blundell, 2002-07-10:

> It shouldn't make any real difference where you run from.

However, it seems to be different which version I run, the standard
version doesn't have the language selections, the others do. But
Swedish isn't activated for any of them.

Neither finds my ATA-100 card, though, so I can't install anyway at the
moment (should probably be an easy fix, though, with proper command
line parameters to the kernel).

> You might need to have an XLP CD-ROM in the drive to get the full
> complement of translations, and you need to be using an fbcon-enabled
> kernel flavour.

I downloaded the disks-i386 part of the ftp site and copied it to the
hard disk. I notice that there is a tar file which shas all the
language files in it, can I use that to let the install system find my
Swedish files?

Please Cc replies to me.
--
\\//
Peter - I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.