Missing Mylex dac960 Devices

Hi!

I recently tried to install Debian Woody on an AlphaServer 1000A 5/400 with an Mylex dac960 Raid-Controller. After an Firmware Update the kernel comes up without a panic and detected the raid-sets perfectly but dbootstrap doesn't find any harddisks. So I looked around the install disks with help from Falk Hueffner and discovered that there are no devices like /dev/rd/c0d0 and so on. I issued a 'MAKEDEV dac960.0' and several devices were build, but neither fdisk nor cfdisk could work with this devices couriously named /dev/rd/c0d0- (!) and so on. So I deleted this and made my own via 'mknod /dev/rd/c0d0 b 48 0' and so on. Now dbootstrap worked correctly.

For the wrong build of devices I will file a bug report.

Regards Jörn
--
Wir ertrinken in Information, aber hungern nach Wissen - John Naisbitt