Debian GNU/Linux on a floppyless Alpha

Dear Debian folks,

I've had some fun trying to install the Potato release
of Debian GNU/Linux on a DEC Alpha Station.  Everything
was fine until the installation routine asked me to
place a floppy disk into the drive associated with
/dev/fd0.  Apparently, it was about to create a "rescue
floppy."

   I didn't want to do that but had no option to skip
that step.  What's even worse, even if I had wanted to
create such a floppy, I would have been unable to do
so.  This jewel of an Alpha doesn't have a floppy disk
drive, yet the installation routine was convinced of the
contrary!

   The favor I'd like to ask of you now is: Could you
modify the installation routine so that those of us who
don't want a "rescue floppy" or don't have a floppy
drive can get by?

Regards,

Frank

--

Frank Ecke <franke@euro-telematik.de>

Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least
two to one.