Re: help on set up

Your laptop has 8mb of ram, right?  Non-upgradable?  That's probably
the problem.  I don't know how large the D/I initrd is, but if it's
too much larger than about four or five megs the system could fail
silently on load.

Dunno what to do about it, though.  I've been having similar trouble
getting something working on my 386.  The latest version of Debian I
could install on it was 2.0.  :P

-Andrew