I've got images building on Alpha, but I can't seem to get the kernel to
load the initrd from the second floppy.  (The kernel+initrd are about
600k too big for a single floppy.)

I've tried various combinations of parameters to the kernel.  If I pass
"root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1", which is what boot-floppies pass to the
2.2 kernel, I at least get prompted for the second floppy, though it
subsequently chokes:
VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into RAM disk and press ENTER
request_module[block-major-2]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[block-major-2]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: Cannot open root device "fd0" or 02:00

If I pass parameters similar to what the x86 syslinux.cfg contains
(root=/dev/rd/0 devfs=mount,dall load_ramdisk=1), I never get asked for
the second floppy and the kernel panics with "cramfs: wrong magic".  It
seems like this would be the right thing, except that the initrd hasn't
been loaded.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

noah